The following is written to ensure an understanding of the rules and expectations for the Bell Oaks Cheerleading Squad. To be certain that this information has been shared with the parent and /or guardians, please read and then sign the attached sheet. Athletes must return forms to Mrs. Pagano and Mrs. Parsons on tryout day. If athletes arrive to tryouts without signed contracts they will not be permitted to tryout. Students must also have a physical completed by a physician in order to tryout.
We understand you may have made plans prior to joining Bell Oak Cheer Team. Therefore, we ask for written notice to be received in a timely manner.
Very few absences are considered excused. Excused absences must be cleared by coach and written notice must be received in a timely manner.
We understand that there are circumstances that become unavoidable. Please be mindful that you are part of a team where your attendance affects you and all of the other members of your team.
Two lateness to practice and/or games equals one unexcused absence. 2 UNEXCUSED ABSENCES will result in removal from the team.
- Athletes are expected to wear practice clothes-
Monday: Green and Gold appropriate workout attire
Wednesday: Black and White appropriate workout attire
*Female athletes are asked to wear bows or ribbons in their hair to every practice!
- Athletes are expected to wear their complete uniforms to all games.
Girls: Bows, uniform, white socks, and sneakers
Boys: Uniform, white socks, and white sneakers
Behavior and Expectations:
1. Disruptive and / or disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated. Members may be asked to sit out of practice or leave the building if this behavior is displayed.
2. Failure to comply with above Rules and Regulations will result in a conference with a coach, parents, and member to discuss infraction and consequences.
Causes For Removal From the Team:
- It is important for all athletes to maintain good grades in school. These rules have been established and approved by the Board of Education.
- Students are expected to maintain a “C” average or better in all subjects and indications of satisfactory progress in all related areas. Failure to do so will result in students being declared ineligible or placed on probationary status until the interim progress report date
- ) Any student with two (2) “D”’s and no failures would be placed on probationary status. Probationary status means that the student can participate in practices only until she can demonstrate that she has maintained a “C” average or better at progress report time.
- )One failure in any combination in any subject will result in the student being ineligible during the next marking period.
- )Any student receiving a combination of three (3) or more grades “D” or below would be declared ineligible during the next marking period.
- ) Students with more than five (5) unexcused absences and/or lateness from school will not be allowed to participate in any extra-curricular activity.
- )Any student whose behavior proves to be continually inappropriate and/or disruptive during and after school hours may be temporarily or permanently removed from participation at the discretion of the building principal.
Commitment to the team:
- )The athletes will perform for each boys and girls home basketball game after school in the gymnasium. In the event that the teams make it to the playoffs, games can be added. More information to follow.
- )All athletes and spectators are expected to act as responsible participants of the game and be positive representatives of the Bellmawr School District
- )Athletes will perform on and off the court with their best effort and pride.
We are looking forward to a season of hard work, learning, and fun! We look forward to getting to know you and your athlete. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the both of us at any time. GO OWLS!
Thank you for your time,
Mrs. Pagano and Mrs. Parsons
- Cheerleading Coaches